September 13, 2006

Silver Faerie Designs



What do you create?
I create sterling silver and precious metal beaded jewlery.


How did you come up with your company name?

Honestly it was an interesting process. I wanted something to do with the materials I use as well as a future tie-in. I'm hoping to sell my pieces at Reniassance Festivals eventually, thus the fantasy add in- Faerie.


When and why did you decide to start your business?

I started the business "officially" in January of 2006. But I've been beading for over four years now.




Where do you get your inspiration for your projects?
I get inspired by so many things, I used to joke that the wind blowinga certain way would inspire me! Mostly it's colors or the stones themselves that inspire me.

What is your main goal for this year?
I want to get a lot of advertising done, that and I would really like to get a set work schedule made up. Who knows if the second goal will ever come to be though. Crazy artists and their schedules!


What advice would you give to someone starting a creative business?

Never give up. Keep chugging along and keep reminding yourself that this is what you want to be doing.


And just out of curiosity, what's your favorite tool of your trade?

My favorite tool? Well, I have two- crimps and my oh so lovely round nose pliers. I think I would die without them!

Website:
Silver Faerie Designs


No comments: